6 Productivity Tips from Top Business Leaders
Productivity Tips – Key Takeaways
From working on your typing speed to learning to ignore emails, here are the key takeaways from this round-up that will help you optimize your work day:
- Plan ahead. Every morning, sit down and identify some high-value tasks that you are going to work on for the day to make sure that this is a productive one.
- Tackle the hardest task first. Start your day off right by “eating the frog.” Complete your hardest task first thing in the morning and you’ll set the tone for a productive day.
- Look back. Learn from every week by looking back and reviewing what you have accomplished. It will help you learn better time management skills for the future and identify the things that simply aren’t worth your attention any longer.
- Schedule smart. If you are very productive in the morning, don’t let anything interrupt that productivity. Figure out what time is ideal for you to work on things and be creative. Shape your schedule around that.
- Stop procrastinating. Don’t allow work to pile up for “later”. Identify what needs to be done now and what might need to wait, but always be working on something that is worthy of your time.
- End distractions. When you need to be highly focused, make sure that nothing stands in your way. Simply swiping up to turn on night mode may be all it takes to stop a phone call, email, or app notification from ruining your train of thought.
With these productivity tips, you’ll be able to achieve so much more in the same amount of time, feeling less stressed and more accomplished.